Dutch for Children
Online teacher Wendy Damen introduces herself
Teacher Wendy would like to introduce herself to you:
Hi, my name is Wendy Damen. I have been working at Dutch for Children for quite some time now. In 2018 I moved with my husband and 2 daughters to Seattle, America. Before that I worked in primary education in the Netherlands for 18 years. We moved back to the Netherlands in 2022.
What fun I have teaching online. I think the best part of teaching is the bond you build with your students, the great conversations you have and not to forget the knowledge you can pass on. I can use my own creativity in the lessons that I customize and give. I give the lessons with a lot of passion and enthusiasm and I see this reflected in the students who come with great pleasure to the Dutch lessons.
This fits in very well with giving tailor-made lessons as we do at Dutch for Children.
The courses I have followed are:
- Elementary school teacher (pabo)
- Training language specialist
- All kinds of courses such as: Orientation basic development, beginning literacy, Coaching teachers and pupils and Open Book: reading coordinator.
My work experience:
- Teacher group 1 to 8.
- Language and reading coordinator group 1 to 8.
- Group 3 – teacher at NTC Orange School in Seattle.
Read more about Seattle where teacher Wendy Damen lived.