Dutch for Children
Online teacher Wendy Damen introduces herself
Teacher Wendy would like to introduce herself to you:
Hi, my name is Wendy Damen. I have been working at Dutch for Children for quite some time now. In 2018 I moved with my husband and 2 daughters to Seattle, America. Before that I worked in primary education in the Netherlands for 18 years. We moved back to the Netherlands in 2022.
What fun I have teaching online. I think the best part of teaching is the bond you build with your students, the great conversations you have and not to forget the knowledge you can pass on. I can use my own creativity in the lessons that I customize and give. I give the lessons with a lot of passion and enthusiasm and I see this reflected in the students who come with great pleasure to the Dutch lessons.
This fits in very well with giving tailor-made lessons as we do at Dutch for Children.
The courses I have followed are:
- Elementary school teacher (pabo)
- Training language specialist
- All kinds of courses such as: Orientation basic development, beginning literacy, Coaching teachers and pupils and Open Book: reading coordinator.
My work experience:
- Teacher group 1 to 8.
- Language and reading coordinator group 1 to 8.
- Group 3 – teacher at NTC Orange School in Seattle.
Read more about Seattle where teacher Wendy Damen lived.
Read more about the online Dutch classes at Dutch for Children or request more information.